We may change this Policy from time to time by updating this page. Please check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy has been effective from 05 April 2018.
How we collect information from you
The type of information that is collected from you
The data we collect from you may be classed as ‘personal data’ – information about an individual who can be identified by it. The information we collect about you might include the following;
- your name / name of partner or spouse / name of your children and/or other guests’ names
- your address and postcode
- your email address
- your home telephone number / mobile number
- your demographic information such as interests and preferences
- your date of birth
- your special comfort or dietary requirements
- your car registration number
- your passport details
- your IP address
- your web browser type and version
- your credit or debit card details when making a payment (this payment data is not retained beyond the date of the stay booked).
- any information regarding what pages on our website are accessed and when
We may collect data about:
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of your email and other correspondence.
- Information you provide when you complete our Newsletter Sign Up Form.
- Information you provide in order to enter a competition or promotion.
- Information you provide if you complete a survey.
- Details of visits to our website and the pages and resources that are accessed, including but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data that may assist us in understanding how visitors use our website. This may also include the resources that you access, and information about where you are on the internet including the domain type, IP address and URL that you came from. This information is collected and used for our internal research purposes and to improve our customer service and may be sent to third-party processors for the purposes of data analysis, to improve our marketing efforts and for targeting specific services and products.
- If you make a purchase from us via our website, your card information is not held by us, it is collected by our third-party payment processors, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions.
Your privacy is important to us and we confirm that we will never release your personal data to any third party for their mailing or marketing purposes.
What we do with the information we gather
The information we collect is required to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We may use your information;
- To process your booking for accommodation or use of Goonwinnow.
- To provide you with information you have requested from us about our products and services.
- For processing entries into a competition.
- To seek your views or comments on the services we provide.
- To notify you about any changes to our business or website, including improvements, and service or product changes.
- To send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about events, promotions, offers, job offers.
- If you consent, to notify you via our sales and marketing channels (email, telephone or post) of products or special offers that may be of interest to you. You can stop these communications at any time by unsubscribing or contacting us via telephone or in writing (please see ‘Controlling your personal information’ below).
- For our internal purposes including internal record keeping, statistical purposes, quality control, website performance and evaluation, improvements to products and services.
Security – who has access to your information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. We have secure password protected databases. Whilst we take appropriate measures, both technical and organisational, to safeguard your personal data you provide us, we cannot guarantee that transmissions over the internet are totally secure, therefore the transfer of personal data via the internet is entirely at your own risk.
The transfer of your information outside of Europe
Retention of information
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was obtained, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us. Should you wish to unsubscribe from our mailing list we may still hold your personal data on our database to the extent permitted by law, but we will no longer send you communications.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Goonwinnow Farm, St Newlyn East, TR8 5JD.
You have a ‘right to be forgotten’. You are legally entitled to access, modify, correct, revoke your consent and delete any data we hold relating to you and that you have the legal right to forbid this data being prevented to any third parties. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by post if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted. You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. We will not make contact with you unless you have opted in. If then, you no longer want to receive direct marketing communications from us, then you can change your preferences or completely unsubscribe in a number of ways: Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of marketing emails sent to you, email email@example.com or telephone 01872 464570 and we will process your request within 7 days.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.